April 13, 2011

Coca-Cola Memories


Thinking about coca-cola makes me think about good memories. It takes me back to a simpler time. I think about happy children and happy adults. I am sure you have seen many of the classic coke pictures. I especially love the ones with Santa Claus.

I like the coke pictures so much that I am a collector. I have coke dishes, towels, pictures, and Christmas ornaments. I am frequently looking for coke items at yard sales and on ebay. If any of you have coke item that you want to sell, leave me a message.

I remember the first time I ever drank coke. Back then my mom bought another dark colored soda. I was a teenager visiting a friend. He gave me an ice cold coke on ice. The fizz took my breath away! Honestly, I loved it the first time I tried it. Do you remember the first time you ever tried coke?

Since I was not exposed to coke as a young child, I don't remember any recipes from back then. But I did find this great sounding recipe on the coke recipe site that I want to try. My aunt made a cherry salad, but I am not sure if it was the same recipe.

Recipe: Coca-Cola Cherry Salad
1 can cherry pie filling
1/2 cup water
1 large package of cherry gelatin mix
1 7 1/2-ounce can of crushed pineapple, not drained
1 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola®
1/2 cup of chopped nuts
1 tub of chilled whipped topping
3 ounces of cream cheese
Boil the pie filling and water. Remove from heat and add the gelatin mix. Stir until
mixed. Add the pineapple with its juice from the can, and add the Coke. Stir in the
nuts and cool until set. Meanwhile, mix together the whipped topping and cream
cheese and spread on the cooled and set salad. Serve.
-- Submitted by Carolyn Baker of Vandergrift, PA

Check out the recipes. They have recipes for the following:
Beverages
Breakfast
Appetizers and Soups
Entrees
Side Dishes, Vegetables and Sauces
Desserts

If you have a recipe that uses coke that you would be willing to share go to http://www.cookingwithcoke.com/ On that site you can even create your own digital cookbook that you can print.

I can definately say that coca-cola is my favorite drink. But I try not to drink it too often now because I am trying to lose weight. Diet coke is OK, but it isn't the same as drinking a coke. But when I want a treat, a refreshing, ice cold coke is the best.


About Coca-Cola®
Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water. Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in the United States.

More info: www.cookingwithcoke.com
Join Coca-Cola® on Facebook
Join Coca-Cola® on Twitter:
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Coca-Cola® blogging program. If I am one of the first 100 blogs received by SocialsMoms, I will receive a $25 gift card. For more information on the program, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges