October 5, 2011

10 Holiday Planning Tips


Can you believe it is already October? There are only 7 weeks till Thanksgiving, and there are only 11 weeks till Christmas. Yikes! Where does the time go?

It seems that I, like most people, get very busy over the Holidays. Every year I tell myself I am going to be more organized. I wanted to give you some tips for holiday planning.

1. Make out your Christmas lists. My son keeps a running wish list for Christmas and his birthday. :) If he sees a movie or a game he likes, he writes it down.

2. Decide the logistics of Thanksgiving.
Where will you be celebrating? Who will cook the turkey? If you are not eating at your house, what will you need to bring?

3. Purchase baking supplies and things for the meals when you find them on sale.
My mom usually cooks the turkey, and she just freezes it until Thanksgiving. I like to purchase my supplies to make Christmas cookies.

4. Get your Christmas cards.
Check out the Storkie Christmas cards. The picture above is from their website. They have many cute styles. You can also get matching custom postage stamps, envelope seals, and address labels.

5. Address your Christmas Cards.
At Storkie.com you can get your return address printed on the envelopes. You can even get have the recipient's name and address printed on the front.

6. Gather your decorations to be ready when it is time to hang them.
I usually keep mine in the attic. I try to keep them all in the same area, so I don't have to search for things when I am ready to decorate.

7. You can wrap presents.
If you really want to get a head start on Christmas preparations, you could start wrapping presents now and wrap them as you purchase them.

8. Purchase any needed decorations.
Look for sales on Christmas decorations. They are the cheapest after Christmas, but if you need something for this Christmas, there will be plenty of sales.

9. Get busy shopping for Christmas presents.
I shop throughout the year and purchase when I see something at a really good price. I have to hide the presents for my kids at a relative's house, or they will find them.

10. Remember to keep the focus on "The Reason for the Season" which is the birth of Jesus who came to take away our sins. It is easy to get to distracted with the activities of the Holidays, so we have to make it a priority.

I hope these tips are helpful in your Holiday planning. Looking at the list I realized there are several things I could be doing now myself.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the Storkie holiday blogging program. I received compensation for my participation. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges