February 28, 2012

Udi’s Gluten Free Product Review

I was recently sent a box of Udi's products for review. I was so excited because there were many delicious looking products in the box. I don't think my kids ever looked in the box. :) In case you had not heard of them previously, Udi’s Gluten Free Foods is the #1 gluten free baked goods brand. They revolutionized the category when it introduced the first gluten-free bread that tastes and looks like “real” bread.

Gluten is a found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species (ex: barley and rye). Between 0.5 and 1.0 percent of people in the United States are sensitive to gluten due to Celiac disease, and many other people are sensitive to gluten. Because of that many people are on gluten free
diets. Can you imagine not being able to eat bread or muffins? Perish the thought!
My favorite were the blueberry muffins. They had a wonderful blueberry taste and were just the right texture. I really could not tell that they were gluten free. Definitely the blueberry muffins are one to try even if you are not on a gluten free diet.
I was also sent these 2 different types of their granola: Gluten Free Cranberry Granola and Gluten Free Au Naturel Granola. They were made with certified gluten free oats. Both of the granola mixes were tasty. It was crunchy with just the right amount of sweetness.

Udi's
is available at Kroger, Publix, Whole Foods, and other stores including 150 WalMarts. Walmart will carry 5 of Udi’s best-selling products (soft white bread, soft whole grain bread, plain bagels, chocolate chip cookies, and pizza crust) in the bakery department. To find Udi's products at a store near you, you can use their Store Locator.

I received the products as noted for review. My opinions are my own. I did not receive any compensation for this post.

2 comments:

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges