This month is my birthday month, and it is a big one! - Don't ask :) My youngest sister and my best friend were born in April also. I have been planning my birthday party, and trying to come up with some cool ideas.
I would love to have a cookout for a party. I prefer an open fire to cook hot dogs and marshmallows, but I like grilling out also. Another option is to have a variety of foods or maybe even a potluck. I don't think I will decorate, or I would have to use black balloons!
Those are some of the ideas I am considering. Do you have any ideas for a memorable birthday party? I was thinking about how to spice up parties.
Tips to Spice Up your Parties
1. Have a theme - It could be an occasion or location. For example, I have seen many interesting decorations for a luau or an island type party.
2. Have easy to prepare foods - You don't want to spend your time cooking while you should be partying!
3. Prepare as much of the food as possible before the event - For example, if you are having a fresh fruit or veggie tray, you can cut the items and arrange them on the tray early in the day before the party.
4. Play games at the party - Games aren't necessarily only for kids. You could play Jenga, Pictionary, charades, or many others.
5. Consider having music - It could be as simple as a radio/CD player. Or for a more fancy affair consider a DJ or a band.
Follow Farm Rich on Twitter: @farmrichsnacks
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.