July 13, 2011

Tips for Life on the Go

Are you having fun this summer? We have been traveling. My kids are having fun, but sometimes I am exhausted.

10 Tips for Making Your Life Easier and More Efficient While on the Go

1. Try to combine your trips.
I try to combine errands such as going to the post office, drug store, pet store, etc. at the same time. If I have several things to do, I pick a few that are located close together. A little planning really helps me save time and gas.

2. Use a planner.
I have a Franklin Planner where I write our schedules. Many people have their schedule on their iphone, but I don't have one of those. My sister has a large master calendar on her wall. She uses a different color for each person in the family. (She is much better organized than I am.)

3. Buy "on the go items".
I like the single servings of koolaid or crystal light. Then the kids can just mix one in a bottle of cold water.

4. Have quick meals on hand.
My kids love lunchables and lunch makers. They are great when I am too busy to cook.

5. If you are at home, prepare meals in advance. I have been interested in the concept of once a month (or 2 weeks or 1 week) cooking. Thus far I haven't really tried preparing that much food at once. I also read about the concept of freezer cooking. It sounds easier. One person said she just prepares and extra dish and freezes it when doing her usual cooking. For example, if you make lasagna, double the recipe and make 2 regular sized pans. Then just freeze the 2nd batch for later. I think I could do that. :)

6. Have plenty of snacks available.
I keep plenty of of fresh fruit and yogurt on hand. Then my kids can help themselves.

7. Look for restaurant coupons
We eat out a lot when we are on vacation. Remember to look for coupons. It can save you a bundle.

8. Look for specials for activities for the kids.
In my area they have specials on activities like laser tag, swimming, skating, and more. I hate to hear the lament "I'm bored!".

9.Plan more activities in the evening.
I don't tolerate the heat too well. I like to go grocery shopping in the evening.

10. Don't forget to take time for yourself. I like to take a hot bubble bath to relax. During the day, a nice treat would be a can of iced latte from Seattle’s Best Coffee.

I hope these tips were helpful. Do you have any ideas about how to save time or make your life easier? I would love to hear them.

This post was brought to you by Seattle’s Best Coffee.

About Seattle’s Best Coffee
As coffee blenders and roasters since 1970, we’ve seen a lot come and go. We went from a tiny shop on the Seattle waterfront to being declared Seattle’s Best Coffee in a local competition. In 2003, we joined the Starbucks family which has allowed us to place more resources into further honing our special way of crafting delicious, impossibly smooth coffee. Every step of the process, from coffee cherry to your cup, is managed to fit our exacting standards and our premium approach to coffee. Now, we’re making it easier to find your perfect coffee with our new Level System.

Save $1.50 on a 4 pack today!

It’s low calorie: Just 130 calories per can.
It’s affordable: A premium latte for just $1.49? And a 4-pack is an even better deal, at just $4.99.
It’s everywhere: Available in major grocery, convenience and other retail stores.

More info on Seattle’s Best Coffee: http://www.seattlesbest.com
Seattle’s Best Coffee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SeattlesBestCoffee

Follow @SeattlesBest on Twitter

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges