July 11, 2011

Visit Virginia Beach

Have you ever been to Virginia Beach? I remember when I was a teen, my sister got to go with her friend. She loved it, and I have wanted to go since then. She told me it was beautiful, and it was very fun. There is so much to do, and there activities for all ages.

Reasons I want to visit Virginia Beach:

1. I have never been, and I have wanted to go for many years. It is on my list of places I want to visit.

2. The beaches are beautiful. Like I said, I have never been, but I have seen a lot of pictures of the beautiful beaches. They have more than 35 miles of ocean and bay beaches. Virginia Beach is known as the "World’s Largest Pleasure Beach". I want to make sand castles with my kids.

3. There is plenty of shopping.
The trolley route leads to Lynnhaven Mall with JC Penney, The Gap, Dillards, Old Navy, and Abercrombie & Fitch. It has over 180 specialty stores, services, and movie theaters. Pembroke Mall at Town Center has many shops and eight movie theaters.

4. My son would love the Virginia Beach Rock Gym.
The Virginia Beach Rock Gym is a state–of–the–art climbing facility featuring a climbing tower, boulders, and a pro shop. It has a 32–foot Main Wall, a rugged textured surface with realistic edges, corners, and bulges. They have a weekly Youth climbing Club, and you can have Rock Gym birthday parties.

5. My kids would love Ocean Breeze Water Park.
On the Paradise Pipeline you twist and turn as you ride the pipe and then blast out the other end into a cool pool. The Hurricaine takes you higher and then you rocket feet first down an enclosed tube before plunging into the eye of the hurricane. The pressure builds as you spin, swirl and finally get released for a drop you will never forget.

7. The Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center looks interesting. There you can learn a lot about the sea life. They have an IMAX theater. Also you can go dolphin watching. And you can go on a whale watching excursion.

8. I love swimming. I have always wanted to learn to surf. Another thing I have wanted to do is go para sailing. It looks so fun!

9. My son would love pier fishing.
You can drop a line into the Atlantic at Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, or crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay from Lynnhaven Fishing Pier. He is really getting into fishing.

10. I would like to visit The Contemporary Art Center of Virginia.
It offers instructional art classes for any one with an interest from ages 2 – adult. You can learn drawing, painting, ceramics, photography or crafts.

As you can see there are so many fun things to do in Virginia Beach. The good news is that it is within a day’s drive or less from two-thirds of the U.S. population. I want to go right now!

For visitor information, call 1-800-VA-BEACH (800)822-3224

Visit www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com for online trip planning.

Virgina Beach on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VirginiaBeachVA
Follow @VaBeachCVB on Twitter

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges