Alot of people are in the "sandwich generation" where they have to take care of their aging parents while caring for their young children. It can be very difficult to do it all by yourself. A good option is to hire some outside help.
Tips for hiring an elder/companion care provider:
1. It gives the parents the independence of living at home while being well cared for by a caregiver.
2. It also gives the baby boomers a well deserved break and a sense of security knowing their parents are well cared for when they cannot be there.
3. A elder/companion care provider can help with meal, laundry, housekeeping duties, transportation, etc.
4. A provider can also do activities with the elderly such as playing cards, provide conversations and keep them good company.
Do you ever need help child care, housekeeping, or someone to stay with an elderly relative?
Care4hire.com is an online database for families and caregivers to search babysitters, housekeepers, tutors, elder/companion care, pet sitters and other miscellaneous services.
The great people at Care4hire.com has agreed to give one winner a gift certificate for a free month of use to contact caregivers. ($29.99 retail value). To enter please go to Care4hire.com . Then leave a comment to tell me what type of caregiver you want to hire and leave your email address also. You need to do this first.
Bonus entries: Leave an extra comment for each one.
1. Follow my blog
2. Subscribe by email.
3. Post my button on your blog
4. Post this giveaway on your blog (You get 2 entries for this, so leave 2 comments please.)
5. Follow me @donnak4 and tweet about the contest. Then leave the link or your twitter ID.
6. Fave me on technorati. Then leave a comment with your user name.
Open to US. Expires 9/14 at 11:59 PM CST.