Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is celebrating its 140th Anniversary! I did not realize it had been around that long. They are gathering a list of 140 great uses for Vaseline. Vaseline is very versatile and useful. Many uses are beauty related, but I'll bet there are many you haven't thought about.
This is a list of 10 ways to use Vaseline.
1.To treat dry feet put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, and cover them with socks. Some people cover it with plastic wrap to enhance the absorption.
2. For those with eczema or severe dry skin, it is a great moisturizer. Apply it after bathing or showering to seal in the moisture.
3. It is great to shine your shoes and bags. Just apply with a paper towel or clean cloth, and wipe off the excess.
4. Put Vaseline on your lips and after a few minutes scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them smoother.
5. Apply it to help remove a stuck on ring. Put it above and below it to slowly slip off the ring.
6. You can put it on your eyebrows to help keep them under control. Just apply a small amount.
7. Apply it to your legs to smooth and soothe skin after shaving.
8. Apply Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth. I read that many celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants that smile a lot do this.
9. Vaseline is great on chapped lips. I apply it at night before I go to bed. In the morning my lips are soft and smooth.
10. Apply to cuticles after a manicure for a perfect look.
This is a list of 10 uses for Vaseline, but there are many more. Look for the hashtag #Vaseline140 on twitter or check out the widget on my blog on the right for more great uses.
More info: http://www.vaseline.com/
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.