May 31, 2011

Check Out Verizon FiOS


Have you heard about Verizon FiOS? It is new to me because I am definitely not a technology wiz. But the concept of combining HDTV with high speed internet and on demand services sounds great! I haven't tried the service yet, but I want to try it. When I was reading about it I saw that I could check my email and tweet on twitter by using my remote control.

Why FiOS?
Verizon uses an advanced 100% fiber-optic network to let you watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixelation, or weather interference. It is weather resistant and more durable than the copper phone lines or coaxial cable. That really sounds great because our satellite goes out when it is windy or storming.

Flex View “Watch what you want, where you want”
With Flex View, you can buy, rent and watch on-demand video titles on your FiOS TV, on your computer or on your mobile phone. I like the various options available where we could watch movies. How does it work? Check it out here and here.

Media Manager
Media Manager is a Verizon service that lets you access media content that either resides on or is streamed from your PC. You can access digital photos, music files, Internet radio stations, home videos, Internet videos from certain web sites directly from your FiOS-connected TV. That would be neat to see pictures of family members on the tv that came from the internet.

TV Widgets
Verizon FiOS features awesome TV widgets like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, allowing you to Tweet directly from your TV, using your remote while watching TV. FiOS has re-made TV into social TV. I am really into social networking. I love twitter (@donnak4). I am getting into facebook also. You tube is a great place to watch videos. You can watch about FiOS TV Widgets

FiOS Internet: “Internet as fast as it gets”
There's a reason FiOS is America's top-rated high speed Internet service.
But speed is only valuable when you've got great service. FiOS isn't just faster, but also more reliable. FiOS doesn’t let up during “peak” hours like when the kids come home from school when some cable services slow down due to increased usage.
FiOS Internet has won PCMAG.com’s Readers’ Choice award five years in a row. According to the leading technology review site, "Verizon's FiOS stands alone when it comes to satisfied customers." That really means a lot. It sounds like the service is good.

In-home Agent
In-Home Agent is a PC application that provides you with fast, easy solutions for common FiOS & High Speed Internet questions. It's 24/7 support at the click of your mouse. That is important because I hate to wait on the telephone for several minutes just to get someone to answer a simple question.

I also like that my phone, internet and television bills will be combined to help with budgeting. Well, have I piqued your curiosity? You can see if Verizon FiOS is available in your area yet.

More info on Verizon FiOS
Verizon FiOS on Facebook
Follow @Verizon on Twitter
Verizon on YouTube

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS blogging program for a gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges