August 7, 2010

Review of My Talisman


I am very interested in Russian culture and language since my son as born there. I try to learn things to teach my son about his birth culture. Recently I was given the opportunity to review My Talisman: The Poetry & Life of Alexander Pushkin (English and Russian Edition) by Julian Lowenfeld.

I felt it was an excellent bilingual book (English and Russian). Prior to this I was not familiar with Pushkin's works. The introduction gives interesting information on the role of Pushkin in the Russian literary world and Russian society. The book is also beautifully illustrated with Pushkin's drawings.

It would be great for anyone interested in Russian language or culture. I would definitely recommend it.

I received a copy of the book for my review. I received no compensation, and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search
Venom
Business 2 Blogger
One2One Badges